Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to The Balance!

I started this blog as a way to provide information to my friends and family about healthy living. I have a passion for health and wellness and love to share my knowledge with others. I also love to see those who struggle with their health benefit from helpful information.

My personal philosophy is based off of the body's natural instinct to maintain a stable, consistent environment. This is called homeostasis and its what your body is trying to maintain on a cellular level. You can find this pattern of homeostasis all throughout nature and science. I believe that if we follow that pattern using the right tools, we achieve a healthier and happier life. This blog is called "The Balance" because maintaing homeostasis is a balancing act.

Health is more then just the weight on the scale and its much more then just the absence of an illness. Health is holistic and incorporates every factor of life. It is within and among these factors that a balance must be struck. It is the Emotional, Physical, Mental, and Spiritual aspects of ourselves that make up this balance.

Because of my philosophy, I do not believe in quick fixes, temporary solutions or short-term changes to obtain a short-term goal. I believe in lifestyle changes that provide a much more lasting satisfaction.

Unfortunately, a perfect balance is impossible because of our own fallibility. But even though the goal is lofty, its still worthwhile. As one well known saying goes: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

Hope you enjoy everything to come and that it helps you on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment